Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mighty Prayer

August 3, 2015


Hello,

The neat thing I have to share about mighty prayer this week is that yesterday after I ended my fast I was not really feeling very well. We ate some lunch and got ready and headed out to contact for a couple of hours before dinner. I was drinking water, but it wasn't helping like it usually does. Sister Abreu and I were pretty hot and not having much luck finding people to talk to either on the street or knocking doors. So I asked if we could stop and say a prayer for Heavenly Father to help us out. I prayed that we (Me more specifically) might be able to have energy and enthusiasm as we were out contacting, and that we would be able to talk to a certain number of people before we went home. We finished the prayer, got a drink and went on our way. Several minutes later we were walking and talking and I noticed that I was feeling much better and that it didn't seem to be so hot anymore. I know God answered that prayer, and that he was watching out for us. I sure am thankful too, because I really needed His help yesterday. God is good.

As for me, tomorrow is transfer day and we are going to be in a trio with Sister Wehrhahn again! We will also be taking over a Young Single Adult ward, so that should be interesting. It is always fun to figure out furniture for 3 people... At least this time we already have the bed. That's half the battle. I am excited to be in a trio again with Sister Wehrhahn, and also kind of excited to take over the South Bay YSA. I'm sure it will be plenty of work, but I have a little more confidence in myself, and Sister Abreu can do anything, so it should be good. We'll figure it out and I am looking forward to the transfer. I told Sister Abreu that she is following my footsteps, because I was in a trio with Sister Wehrhahn my 2nd transfer. She said "I better not! I don't want to train so soon!" I thought it was pretty funny. I think she could and she would do great. I guess only the Lord knows.

Forgive me for referencing this the last few weeks, BUT. As of today, I have been out for 6 months and I can hardly believe it. I feel like I was the new missionary that just arrived, but here I am 6 months later with my own brand new missionary. It has been an adventure, and I am sure glad to know that I still have another year to get everything figured out, and also to complete all the things Heavenly Father needs me to. I thought I would never make it to this point in my mission, but here we are. It is somewhat comforting to know that I am making progress. It may be small but at least it's something!

Happy anniversary this coming Saturday! I hope you have a good day and
get to do something fun!

I love you all and hope you have had a good week. I LOVE YOU and am very thankful for the prayers and love and support, I can tell that it helps. I am so glad to have such a great family.

Sister Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment