Friday, October 16, 2015

Heat Wave

September 21, 2015

Hello Family,

This week, and the others that have gone by, have been very HOT. I'm pretty sure by 3pm (after being out for only 3 hours) it looks like I've been in a sauna or something like that. And since we don't have AC in our apartment, I don't even use any covers when I sleep. That will probably be the first thing I send home when I get ready to finish my mission. It seems that Air Conditioning will always be near the top of my thankful list, seeing as it was in Hawaii, it is here, and will be if I go back to Hawaii! Good grief. Anyways, on to the week.


Getting Handel's Ice cream on p-day. We'll have to go there someday- it is so yummy!!!!!

Yes, Transfers were on Tuesday, and Sister Wehrhahn and I are still here together. We had a pretty good week this week. Sister Wehrhahn and I sat down during companion study on Wednesday and set some goals for ourselves, our companionship, and the area that we want to accomplish this transfer. I felt really good about it, and feel that it has already helped us and it hasn't even been a week yet. We had a great day the day we set our goals, and the rest of the week went very well also. I haven't ever done that before, so it was a new thing, but I wanted to give it a try. It is good to start off the transfer with that. We've been working hard and are really trying to help each other out however we can. I am glad to have the opportunity to continue to serve here and improve myself as a missionary and disciple of Jesus Christ.

So one thing we have been struggling with is members coming out with us. We were doing pretty good, but then we kinda weren't. The excuse these last few weeks is "It's too hot out!" Which is a tad frustrating, because I know it is very hot myself. I go out and work in it and then look like a mess before it's even 3pm! But I guess it is a small price to pay, given everything I have been blessed with. It makes me somewhat curious as to what missionary work down in the Valley (Phoenix, Gilbert, etc.) is like. I am half tempted to try it out sometime. HA!


Sister Alcorn, from Torrance ward, isn't she cute :)

So sad about John, the guy who got baptized a month ago. We have been seeing him during the weeks, but unfortunately, he hasn't come to church since his baptism :( We went to his house an hour or so before church to make sure that everything was good to go. He answered the door so we knew he was up, but then he said he wasn't sure if he would be able to come or not. Then 2 minutes before sacrament meeting started, we got a message that said he wouldn't be there. I was pretty disappointed, but feel like we have honestly done just about everything we can for this guy. He knows that his baptism isn't complete until he is confirmed, and all of those other things, but for whatever reason he still chooses not to come. It really makes me sad. He is missing out on so many blessings and seems not to care. I have been praying for him a lot. The problem is that he says at our lessons during the week that he will be there, and then Sunday comes and for whatever reason it's not going to happen. This even happens on Saturday nights! Hopefully we can get him there next week. I will still pray for him, and for us to know what to do. Stinkin' agency!

{Side note: Sister Hatch's mom received a text with the following picture and the message, "We are having dinner with your beautiful daughters.  Thanks for sending them on a mission."  This was Sister Hatch's response.} We ate with Chelsey from the YSA last night, and her mom took that picture. They live on Palos Verdes and have a really nice house- it's huge!! But we ate yummy fajitas and had a good time :)




Well, that's about all I've got for this week. . . I hope you are all doing well and enjoy your break coming up. I love you very much and am so thankful for you too! 

Sister Hatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment