Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Now and Then

Hello Mom! And Family!

We had an appointment with Josephine this week, but she called beforehand and said she was sick so we couldn't meet. She has some hoarding issues, and I think some paranoia, which will probably be the biggest obstacles for her. Hopefully we are able to get things worked out for her soon.  Anton is another story. He smokes (and I think drinks too, but I'm not sure) and that will be an obstacle for him. His family did not come to church yesterday because his wife got sick. He knows the gospel very well, and has been through lots of missionaries. We are going to go meet with him sometime this week and talk about what is holding him back. Hopefully that will help us know how we can help him.   One of our investigators, Thomas, came to church yesterday.

As far as Spanish goes, I am able to understand things most of the time, but don't know how to respond. I know the important stuff, so hopefully I pick up the rest as I go. There are a wide variety of people here. The ward I am in reminds me of my ward in Hawaii. There are Filipinos (sp?), Samoans, Tongans, Mexicans, Caucasians, African American, etc. It was a little weird for me last week, but yesterday was better. 

Of course it snowed! Its track season! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't give you too much grief though, because it has actually been pretty cold here too. This morning we had a good thunder/rain storm, but now you can't even tell. Whatever. It is not very humid either. Like at all. I try doing my hair curly, but it doesn't turn out like it used to when we came here. We are almost as far south as our mission goes, and on a nice day coming down into Harbor City, you can see the whole mission. Supposedly you can see the Hollywood sign too, but I haven't seen that one yet.   

Now might be a good time to add that we have to leave our area to go shopping and do our laundry. We go to Albertsons and a laundry mat. It could be worse, but I have a new appreciation for having your own washer/dryer. Oh well.

We had exchanges last week with our Sister Training Leaders, Sisters Diaz and Gomez. Sister Gomez stayed with Sister Scott here in Harbor City, and I went with Sister Diaz to an area in Lawndale. Sister Gomez is 27 years old, but doesn't look like it. It was a good experience and I had a good time. We had Chick-a-fil (our family's name for Chick-fil-a) with a member on Tues. night in Lawndale and I got an Oreo shake. It was yummy. 

My next P-day will be this Saturday (March 7) because we are having an all sisters training next Monday and I have new missionary orientation on Tuesday. Just a heads up. Saturday is the day to switch to daylight savings so that should be fun. Then we will be on the same time schedule. That throws me off, because Hawaii and Arizona don't use that. 

This week was better, and this coming week should be better too. I really love you all a ton and am thankful for all that you do for me. So keep it up! Please and thank you :) I need all the help I can get. 

I think that's all for now. I have to send pictures one at a time, so be prepared for picture overload. Sorry. I love you all a bunch and hope you have a great week this week. 



Sister Lauren Hatch




My missionary map picture


Minnie Mouse Jammies for Valentines Day at the MTC! I like them a lot :)



The nice one of Elder Greenwood and me.



Elder Greenwood, Sister Hatch, our companions and random other people. 



Family pictures with the MTC district and matching clothes :)



My "greenie" meal. Everything was green! Green milk, gravy, water, beans, etc. :)



This is Sister Garrett and her granddaughters, who are awesome and fed me the green meal. Sister Garrett is our missionary grandma :) LOVE THEM!


Sister Scott and I and a beautiful California sunset :)



Sister Scott and me at Tasty Siam, a Thai food place



No comments:

Post a Comment