Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mini Missionary

March 23, 2015


Hi Ma!  As far as the new stake presidency goes, I figured Uncle Charlie would be in there somewhere. I found out from Joseph actually, because he emailed me and told me about Palmer being the new president. That will be cool to report to him at the end of my mission. It is too bad that Uncle Charlie won't be able to be the mission prep teacher anymore though. I enjoyed being there with him for a few weeks before the real thing happened. 

What a neat day for the Larsen families for those kids to be baptized! I'm sure it was a really good day for them all. That is a good reason to have the family all together for the day.

Congratulations on finishing the Book of Mormon again! I set the goal to read it 3 times by the end of my mission, but have not had much time to devote to that. :/ Hopefully I will be able to make time during the day so that I can accomplish that goal. If you put your mind to it, you should be able to figure out a plan for the non-school days for prayers and scriptures. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you at the moment.

Transfers are next week. I really have no clue how long people stay with each other. It all depends on what Heavenly Father tells President Weidman. I love the people here though. If I got a new companion every transfer, I will have had 12 companions by the end of my mission. President Towsey (MTC branch president) said that most missionaries average 10 companions, so we will see.

We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators named Jon. I have only met him a few times, which is why I have not mentioned him before. Hopefully it works out though. He didn't come to church yesterday, and we have not been able to get a hold of him since Saturday. I guess we'll see. We did have 3 other people at church though! And I guess now would be a good time to mention that I spoke in church yesterday too! Probably the first of many talks while I'm on my mission. They ran out of time, so Sister Scott didn't have to give hers. We sang in the choir yesterday too. It was good. I used to really enjoy Sundays, before coming on my mission. It was a day to just hang out. I could take a nap, write in my journal, and watch a movie with our family if I wanted to. Obviously I cannot do those things anymore, and Sunday as a missionary is busy. But Sundays are still good days, and it gives me something to look forward to in the future.

We had a "mini missionary" this weekend! We picked her up on Friday evening, and dropped her off yesterday. She is a convert as of November, and she wants to go on a mission. So she came to be a mini missionary. It was fun to have her for the weekend. Her name was Sister Richardson and it was cool to have her share her experiences as a convert. I look forward to having other mini missionaries in the future.



Well, I have reached the point in typing my email where I think I have told you everything I wanted to. Thank you for taking the time to email me each week and also write me letters too. I love you all a bunch and hope you continue to do well. I appreciate being kept in the loop and feel more connected through your emails. Tell everyone to write me or email me when they can! 

I love you!

Sister Lauren Hatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment