Sunday, March 29, 2015

Humility

March 23, 2015

Dear Dad,

I commend you for reading the Old Testament.  I think I tried for Seminary when we studied it, but I don't think I finished it.  The story of Hezekiah is neat and I admire the lesson you pointed out.

Here as a missionary I am constantly being reminded about humility and asking for God's help.  I have had many experiences and will certainly have plenty more on my mission that demonstrate the perfectness of God's knowledge.  He really does know just what we need.

I hope that I am able to get better at being a missionary/on a mission as time goes on.  It is easy to get discouraged and frustrated with myself and in general.  I want to be able to make Heavenly Father, and my family, and my mission president proud because I have served honorably and with everything I have.  Listening to your stories and experiences is motivation for me to work harder and do my best.  I thank you again for your example.

I am looking forward to General Conference in a couple weeks.  I am thankful for your letters and your testimony.  

Sister Lauren Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment