Sunday, March 29, 2015

Learning

March 16, 2015

Dear Dad,

This week was better.  We had our Sisters Training, my 2nd New Missionary Orientation, and we got to go to the temple.  It has been very hot this week too.  I am getting tan lines on my feet from my different shoes.  Instead of a "track tan", I now have a "Sister Missionary tan" which is equally as humorous if I do say so myself.

I am quickly learning that my statement about President Weidman before my mission is in fact very accurate:  "He doesn't mess around!"  He is so awesome, and I really love him and Sister Weidman too.  I am so glad that I get to serve (almost, depending on transfers and school) my whole mission with them.  They, like you, are wonderful examples of dedication and hard work.  I hope that I can also be hard-working and dedicated, like you and them.  I am still learning, but things get better little by little every day.

It has been neat to see how Heavenly Father is working in my life every single day.  I have always known that He is mindful of me, but sometimes I think my brain knows it and my heart tends to forget during my hard days.  I am thankful for the "Endure to the End" part of my missionary purpose, the 4th Article of Faith, the Gospel and Doctrine of Christ and I think there is one more but I can't remember it at the  moment.  They are all the same.

We have the opportunity to continue to learn and re-learn things for the rest of our lives.  That means that we can continue to grow in the gospel too.  When our hearts forget things that our brains know, we have the opportunity to approach our Heavenly Father and have Him teach us again, but this time specific to our current trials and challenges.  There is definitely inspiration behind this whole thing called life.

I hope that everything is going well for you as far as work, church, being a dad, and all that.  I sure do love you!  Can't wait to hear from you! :)

Sister Lauren Hatch 

No comments:

Post a Comment