Thursday, June 2, 2016

Charity Week

May 16, 2016


Hello Everyone!!!

This week in our mission we had Charity Week. We had an increased emphasis on showing charity and love for our investigators through bold invitations, fortifying and following up with them to help them increase their faith. We had a special study about the Christlike attributes and prayerfully set some goals that would help us show more charity this week.

I really enjoyed it, too!! It was a good thing to remember, especially during times of the day or during the week when I just wanted to quit and use the excuse/justification that I was sick and needed to rest.
But instead I remembered to have charity for the people I serve here in Lawndale, and boldly invite everyone to do things to increase their faith.

***So remember how on Mother's Day I had allergies?? Well on Monday it turned into a cough and a really bad snot head, and my lungs were wheezing and painful when I breathed. So we showed up to our special brief Mission Leadership Council on Tuesday morning and President told me to go get somedrugs. LOL. I am feeling much better now, thank goodness, and I don't have pneumonia, which is good. ;)***

One thing was different about this focus on charity through bold baptismal invitations. In the past when we would be asked to do things like this - things involving praying for something specific in a short amount of time and being expected to get an immediate answer - I would get very stressed out and frustrated, which did NOT help me be excited for whatever it is we were asked to do. I guess I have come a long way since then, because this time around, I didn't get frustrated! I talked with my companion about how many baptismal invitations we wanted to extend that day, and then we went out and did it! Granted, we didn't always reach our goal, but it was always in the back of my mind, and I really tried to listen more as we spoke of the Savior and more specifically about his gospel. So that was pretty neat. It reminded me of what Mom told me after talking to you on Mother's Day
that she could recognize the growth I am making, and I definitely can too. I find that very comforting to know that I am being molded and shaped, just like you said, through the atonement of Jesus Christ. How thankful I am for Him!!

This week we had interviews with President, and it was my last with him before he goes. :( It was ironic, because he had asked what I needed to talk about I had nothin'. Life was good and I was just going along. The last few interviews I've had with him included a list of things that I needed help with either personally or with my companion. Then later that day and the rest of the week I started feeling worse with the cough and whatnot, which certainly did not help my mental state. So then later I was a little bit discouraged and frustrated and just wanted to quit, like I mentioned earlier, and I tried to remember just to take one thing at a time. It has been pretty hard for me not to be distracted when I have departing companions. This time has been a little worse I think. Now that the end is somewhat in sight for me, I just think about what I will be able to do when I get home that I cannot do here. But then Sister Perez reminded me that there are a lot of things that we can do here that we cannot do at home. That was a really good reminder for me, and it went right along with charity week
and remembering the authority of my calling.

Besides that, I really don't have much else this week. . . I am feeling much better and am looking forward to a much better week this week. Not that this last week wasn't good, but still. Time sure is
going fast, and I don't want to waste any of it!!

Sister Hatch :)




This happened a few weeks ago. Sister K needed some practice biking, 
so we went to their area and did just that!



Before another bike ride





Sisters Abon, Hatch, Kosoltrakul (K), Perez


Lunch at McDonalds on a Monday a few weeks ago. I know I look rough. No makeup + a billion things to do on Mondays + being a STL = P-day struggles. #don'tjudge

No comments:

Post a Comment