Thursday, January 14, 2016

Working Hard

January 11, 2016


Hi there everyone!!

This week was pretty good! We are still struggling with investigators and this week was tough with conversations, but we are definitely working hard and working together to get things done, especially since Sister Baek is leaving next week. 

We did some tracting this week (there were fewer people out and about than usual), and met a really cool person who let us in because it was raining and cold. She had the CUTEST little baby boy and we had a really great conversation with her. That day was one of the rainy days, as I mentioned, and I was NOT very excited about tracting. But then we met her and I realized that I need to do whatever Heavenly Father asks of me to be obedient, because if we hadn't knocked on her door, we wouldn't have met her or had such a good lesson with her. That was a neat tender mercy. 

We were able to have 2 members come out with us on Tuesday, but to less-active lessons. They were so good!!! For one of them I was on exchanges with Sister Moli (Sister Training Leader) and it was so great. It was a guy who has been less-active for a long time, but still has a solid testimony of the gospel. He just has some issues with authority I think. ANYWAY the member that came for that one invited him to come to church and he did! It was so awesome to walk into church yesterday and see him sitting there. Then later that evening we had a certain red-headed violinist from our ward come out with us to see another less-active member. Also AMAZING!! She (the aforementioned red-headed violinist) served a mission several years ago in New York, so she was perfect to come and fellowship this young lady. It was so neat to see her make the time to come out with us amid her busy schedule. 

This was one of our awesome member presents from this week :)
Sister Baek, Lindsey Stirling, and Sister Hatch

That brings me to the point that I am so impressed with the dedication of the members of this ward. They are Young Single Adults in the heart of Los Angeles, of all places, and they take the time on a Sunday afternoon to come to church. I have gained a lot of respect for these people. They are all working towards some fairly lofty goals and dreams, but the impressive thing to me is that they are working! They do what they need to do and that's that. 

I LOVED zone conference this week! It was so good and I am really looking forward to using the things I learned and committed to do to help me and help this area. I was reflecting back to my very first zone conference. I recall not having such a great experience. I was frustrated, disappointed in myself and stressed out about all of the things that we were asked to do. But this time, instead of feeling overwhelmed, I felt so much better about things! It was empowering to learn a little more about the Savior and about taking His yoke upon us and working with Him to do His work. It was really good. 


Los Angeles 1 Zone

I am so thankful that we are allowed to wear boots - it has saved me this week!! It is so helpful to have the ones I got for Christmas. My feet didn't get wet or cold, and I was very thankful during the rain. 

A few weeks ago we got a referral from a member in our ward for some guy named Hamed. So we called him up and found out he had been meeting with the Farsi elders because he is Persian. We were a little bummed, but glad that they were able to teach him in a language he understands. Fast forward to yesterday at church. The Farsi elders stop us on our way into the chapel and tell us that Hamed wants to go to the Young Single Adult ward now. So he came to our sacrament meeting! It was neat to have him there and be able to meet him in person.  

Things are going well, we're working hard, and we are working on teaching repentance and baptizing converts. (That is the theme of a World-Wide Missionary Broadcast happening next week with the missionary department). 

I am SO thankful for the boots I got for Christmas! They have been great this week in the rain. We didn't get as much as people made it sound like we would, but It did rain for about 2 days straight on Tuesday and Wednesday. Apparently there is still much more to come! I guess we'll find out. 

For the last couple of weeks I have been looking for a longer plain black skirt, because the one I brought with me seems to be getting shorter. So I have been looking and looking and then FINALLY today I found one that is #1 long enough - the struggle is SERIOUSLY real - and #2 it fit, #3 IT WAS ON SALE!!!!!!!!! That was really a tender mercy this week. It was cool because the tag said $24 something, but then when I checked out, the machine said $14 and I was like YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So that was my favorite tender mercy of the day ;) I also bought a cute shirt from Ross that has a little California thing on the pocket.  So overall it was a good shopping day, which we all know from experience isn't always the case. Some of my favorite Babylon songs came on in the store, and I was DYING! Whew. But I survived :)

I think that's about all I wanted to talk about this week. . . Finally. . . . funny pictures next week to come!!

Love you all and hope you have a great week!! :)


Sister Hatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment