Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Happy Easter

April 6, 2015


Hello again!

General Conference was so great! I loved it! It was a bit frustrating because the stake center is out of our area so we had to drive there (using miles). Usually the missionaries stay there because the cute Mexican ladies from the Spanish branch make lunch, but this time President Weidman asked each of us to return to our areas to work in between sessions (use more miles). So that was hard to maneuver, especially when we walked by the kitchen and there was a TON of food. But we just took some to eat at home and it worked out okay. We will be doing a lot of walking in the coming weeks. I thought it interesting about President Monson not speaking and also the opposing shouts too. I laughed when President Uchtdorf started speaking in German. That was pretty funny. Sister Scott is SO EXCITED for the temple in Haiti. She cried. That gives her something to look forward to when she goes back in the future.

As far as mail is concerned, I have accepted that mail is going to be a toss up.  I appreciate that you and Dad both write me, and hope that will continue until the end of my mission. It sure is sweet to have hand written things to look at for comfort and strength and support throughout the week. I have not gotten any of the articles you send me, so it might be better to send them with your letters. 

Which brings me to SURPRISE! I am in a trio now. We got a call on Tuesday morning that we needed to get to the Artesia building ASAP because we were getting another sister and we didn't know it. It has been a crazy but fun week, and I enjoy having Sister Wehrhahn and her bAgs and tAgs around.( ;D ) She is from Wisconsin, and knew Haley Hancock too. She's fun.

I know I have said this before, but I will say it again. I really love President and Sister Weidman. I hope that you and Dad are able to meet them someday. They are such wonderful people and really take great care of their missionaries. It makes me very thankful to be serving with them. So just brace yourselves, because I will probably talk about them throughout my mission, especially at the end if I don't end up coming home early for school. They are wonderful.

We set a baptismal date with Josephine, the Filipino lady. Her date is April 25th and we hope she will stay committed. We worry about her getting baptized because of her attachment to Sister Scott and Sister Roy, who was the sister here before me. Hopefully it will work out. She was supposed to come to Conference yesterday, but got up early to answer the phone when it was still dark and she fell and broke her nose. :/ Satan will probably keep working pretty hard on her. 

We are in the other district in our zone now, so we also get to use miles to go to the stake center for District Meeting each Friday.  The Spanish elders are teaching a guy who is getting baptized in our ward, so we have to have permission to contact them.  He will be baptized on April 18, the day before Heather's birthday, so that is cool.

I want to ask our family to do something for me while I am gone. Would you keep a list or record of some sort of all the blessings that have come from my missionary service? I still have my red notebook from Hawaii where I wrote the positive things that happened and the things I am thankful for. Maybe something like that would work? I just think it would be cool to see how my being a missionary blesses our family, if its not too much of a hassle.

I LOVED my Easter box!  And the letters too :) I enjoyed opening them and reading them. Thank you for helping me to have a nice Easter, even without treats from Patti and Karen for General Conference and being away from home. We ate dinner with Brother and Sister Millett and their family. They have a couple of RM's staying with them and they are deaf! 2 have cochlear implants, but it was cool to use a wee bit of my sign language with them. It makes me sad how much I have already forgotten. I think I will continue to pursue that in the future because I love it! Its fun. 

I think that's all I have to share for this week.... No pictures this time, but that's okay. No raccoons this week :) I am glad to hear that you are all doing well and that things with sports and school are going well too. Keep me updated and have a wonderful week this week. Remember to find something from Conference to work and improve on! That's how we eventually become who God wants us to be. I love you all so much and am so very thankful for your love and support!


Love, Sister Lauren Hatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment