Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Howdy

April 13, 2015


Well Howdy!

This week flew by! Time is moving quick, which I am thankful for.

We have my New Missionary Orientation tomorrow and Zone Conference on Wednesday and speaking of Zone Conference, I think this will be my last "first" as a missionary. I am excited, but also a wee bit stressed out about writing two talks for N.M.O. and ZC. But it will be good. I like the missionaries in my zone and we have a good time. We have conference with a few other zones though, in my understanding. That will be cool to meet other missionaries that I have never met or seen before.


                                            APRIL 15 at TORRANCE STAKE CENTER
                                                              Palos Verdes Zone

I am glad President Hancock has the opportunity to be the mission prep teacher again. I really enjoyed the few weeks when he taught us. It will be good for Reed and whoever else goes. My advice to the girls is just to GET R DONE! It was hard, but man it felt good to have it over with.  And you can learn some good things too.

Josephine is having some challenges. She doesn't read the Book of Mormon because she has a hard time understanding, and she didn't come to church yesterday. We are getting her a BoM in Tagalog which is her native language from the Philippines. Hopefully that helps. We'll see. We have 2 investigators, Richard and Regina who also committed to be baptized, but they don't have dates yet because of work schedules. They lost a child, so the Plan of Salvation was a good one for them. We will hopefully get that worked out. We do get to attend Walford's (sp?) baptism on Saturday - the investigator the Spanish elders taught.  He is getting baptized in our ward, so we'll go. We work with quite a few part member families (Anton for example).  Maybe someday.

I hope things are good with you at home, and that you are doing well in your various activities. 

Have a good week and don't forget to be happy with right now!

Love, Sister Lauren Hatch :)


P.S. Sometimes Preparation days are the most stressful. But its okay. They won't last forever. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment