Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sister Training Leader

April 18, 2016

Hi family!!!

It sounds like this summer is going to be full of adventures for us all because we got our transfer calls, aaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd I am going to be leaving to Lawndale to serve as a Sister Training Leader!!!!!!!!!!!!

But first let me tell you a couple of other things:

On Monday night we had a long awaited and much anticipated miracle happen! When I first came to this area there was a girl leaving on a mission to Minnesota. That was way back in November. Then another girl in our ward took her spot in the apartment she had been living in. Well, the girl she shared a room with is not a member of the church, the only non-member in the apartment. So for a few months we have been hearing about how we really need to teach Audrey, "you should meet with Audrey sometime", and so forth. We got all excited because these people telling us this were excited, but it just never happened. It made me rather frustrated. BUT then last week Liz (Audrey's roommate) signed up for dinner and said that we could do a lesson with Audrey afterwards!!! I was super excited. 

So Monday comes and after preparation day was over we had a lesson with Oscar at the Visitors' Center, and then walked down to their apartment (they live right by the temple - it's awesome). It worked out perfectly because they got home late from some audition and were still cooking, and then we were a little bit late getting there. So we ate some yummy spaghetti and salad, and ate cookies fresh out of the oven as we talked with Audrey about the Restoration. It was so great!! She had a lot of questions, because her dad is a Baptist pastor, but it was good! She almost always comes to church, so thankfully that and her good Mormon friends and roommates have softened her heart to our message. Hopefully the sisters can continue to help her learn the gospel!!

Then yesterday the guy who accepted the invitation to be baptized was able to make it to church!! He couldn't last week because he got a flat tire - darn Satan! But this week he came and our members did a really great job fellowshipping him and making sure he knew where to go and all that stuff. After church we were able to take him to the Visitors' Center for a little while and show him the Christus statue, the Special Witnesses and the Book of Mormon pods. We set a return appointment for this coming Friday, so I'll have to ask the sisters what ends up happening. 

Anyways, about being a Sister Training Leader. Remember back in October when I was still in Torrance with Sister Wehrhahn?? Well, she got a call from President Weidman in the afternoon after church the day we would be getting our transfer calls and he asked her to be a STL. So yesterday when President called right as church was starting, that's when I knew. Last night the Zone Leaders called and told us that I would be going to Lawndale with Sister Perez, and that Sister Green would be staying with Sister Okuhara, from Japan. I am somewhat nervous about leaving all of this to them, but I know that Heavenly Father always gets His work done, no matter who He is working with. It will all be fine. And I am excited for the adventures of being a STL!

It has been good to serve in this area.  I have been privileged to witness many miracles and countless tender mercies. Emily, Erin and Saray got baptized, and I feel like we are able to work better with the ward than when I first got here. I am so thankful for the things I have learned and the people I have met. They will always have a special place in my heart.

At the same time, I am also looking forward to the new things that lie ahead. I don't know how I'll handle the responsibilities of being a STL, and who knows how much I'll be able to help the other sisters, but I am looking forward to the opportunity to learn and grow and become better. I have been praying and telling Heavenly Father that I'll do whatever He asks of me. Looks like this is what he needs me to do right now. It is surely going to be a wonderful experience. 

I think that's about it for this week. I hope you all get time figured out and then get along :) Love you!!


Sister Hatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment