Tuesday, December 22, 2015

So Blessed!

December 7, 2015

Happy Monday!!

This week was good. I came down with a fever on Friday, so we stayed home. I spent most of the day in bed. I do NOT like being sick, and especially not as a missionary. I felt better on Saturday, so we did our weekly planning and went out, but I didn't fast this time. On Sunday I woke up feeling fine, then not so fine, until finally at church after Sunday School I went to the bathroom and got sick. :/ But the good news is that afterwards I was feeling much better, and this time, there was no appendectomy involved. ;) I think this is the first time I've been sick since all that went down a few years ago. 

Yesterday was a good day. Erin got confirmed, and we were able to go to the departing missionary fireside (that's when all the departing missionaries bear their testimony and sing, and the people they have worked with are invited to come and say goodbye). We went with Erin and Angel, another investigator from the SMC Institute. I got to say goodbye to Sister Wehrhahn and a couple of the other missionaries who are leaving, and also see some of the people in my previous wards! It was so good!! It made me feel good when Bishop Duncan (Torrance 1st) walked up to me and said hello. Brother and Sister Magalhaes (they are from Brazil, also Torrance 1st, he is in the bishopric, she's the RS pres.) did that too, and they brought me some little Brazilian chocolate ball things that I tried to make once upon a time for a school project (mine didn't turn out so good, but these ones are delicious!!). It was great! I sure do have a lot of great people here that I know and love, and it will be exciting to see them at my fireside in August. It was pretty sad to say bye to Sister Wehrhahn though. She looked really good, and I am sad that I won't be able to see her around anymore. We became companions when she had just reached her half-way/9 month mark, so that's kinda crazy! 

My sweet companion is leaving me on Wednesday! :(

Transfers are tomorrow, and I will be staying here. My new companion will be Sister Baek (said like Beck). I think she is almost done with her mission, and she is a super cute and sweet Asian sister. It should be a good transfer. Christmas time in a Young Single Adult ward is pretty sparse, especially here, where everyone is a transplant from elsewhere. But that's okay. I am looking forward to it! And yes, we will be moving tomorrow. This time we really will be moving to Beverly Hills, and I can say that confidently because Elder Bielamowicz gave me the keys! HAHAHAHA!!!! But really though, it should be good. And not having to drive to far to everywhere will be nice on Mondays too. 

I'm moving up in the world!! We stopped and took pictures here last Monday :)

Welp, I think that's about all this week! I don't think I will be able to get Christmas presents for all of you this year, so forgive me. I did get you 2 gifts last year though, so that counts! HA! But really though. I hope you don't all hate me for it. 

I love you and hope you have a great week!! 


Sister Hatch :)

WE GOT TO WEAR PANTS TO GO DO SERVICE! The good news is that they still fit :)

This is my zone from this transfer.

Just for fun.


LA and CLAM (California Los Angeles Mission)









No comments:

Post a Comment