Friday, February 20, 2015

Thoughts from the MTC

February 9, 2015

Dear Dad,

I really loved getting a letter from you today.  I hope we are able to keep writing each other all thru my mission.  That was the first letter I got from you, or anyone.  Only 1 letter so far, and I am glad it is from you.

I have really enjoyed being at home since coming back from Hawaii.  I am so thankful that you made time to come to drop me off at the MTC and let me go to a live session at the Manti temple.  I sure do have the best parents and I hope you know how much I love you.    

Time has a funny way of passing.  I remember thinking I would never get a driver's license or graduate from high school.  But now here I am on a mission.  It seems like just yesterday I opened my call to the California Los Angeles Mission.  Next Monday I will fly from Salt Lake to Los Angeles at 8:30 in the morning.  I am excited and a little nervous.  It will be real people and real everything from then until the end of my mission.  I sure do hope it goes well.  There is only 1 other sister going to LA next week, which is interesting.



Thank you for sending the "Never Give Up" picture.  That is one heck of a picture.  Definitely good advice and certainly applies to being a missionary.  The MTC schedule is CRAZY and really has helped me learn to just go with it.  I feel like I am finally learning how to recognize the Spirit better than I have.  It is a good feeling.  There has been so much information shoved into my brain and I have learned so much already.  I expect more will be crammed in there right up until I leave in the wee hours of the morning on Monday.  The MTC is demanding in many ways, but Heavenly Father stretches us to help us grow.

We were talking about missionary work being the best kept secret of the church, because people don't know just how hard it is to be a missionary.  I am thankful for other hard things in my life to help me for the next hard thing that comes up.  It helps that I have the best parents and family to love and support me too. :)

I hope you are having a good week as far as work and callings and such.  I love you!

Sister Hatch


No comments:

Post a Comment